COVID-19 Concerns and Plans
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The Downtown Soapbox Derby intends to comply with all local and state officials in regard to COVID-19 orders and in general health and safety. The following is our plan to be in accordance with Governor Abbott’s executive order currently in place as of today, August 24, 2020. We request the right to amend the plan should the state or local governing bodies change the order(s). Thank you for your time in consideration of this application.
- Physical distancing: to ensure attendees comply with physical distancing requirements, organization agrees to ensure that all attendees wear acceptable face coverings throughout the duration of the event provided that the requirement of the state executive order is still in place requiring masks outdoors.
- Ensure there is enough space for six foot of distance between all attendees’ endless safety or core function of the event activity requires a shorter distance. In which all attendees are required to wear face coverings.
- Create distancing markers and signage that denotes 6 foot of space in commonly used and other applicable areas. Derby sign in, and Derby car lineup. The derby pit area will be every other parking space to maintain greater than a 6-foot distance.
- Upon registration all racers will be checked with the current COVID-19 medical questionnaire, temperature check, and assure that appropriate mask is present, and will be given 70% alcohol hand gel for personal use.
- To ensure that all comply with state face covering requirements all registered Derby racers will agree to wear face coverings during the event.
- To ensure attendees can practice good hand hygiene, Downtown Soapbox Derby Agrees to adhere to the hygiene and sanitation requirements from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Provide visible hand hygiene stations for attendees, including hand washing with soap, water, and paper towels and alcohol-based hand sanitizer for areas where hand washing stations are not feasible.
- Regularly clean and disinfect common areas and shared services.
- Limit the sharing of objects and discourage touching or sharing surfaces; Or, when in contact with shared objects or frequently touched areas, wear gloves, sanitize and, or wash hands before and after contact.
- To ensure that event organization and attendees comply with communication requirements, Downtown Soapbox Derby agrees to post temporary or freestanding signage throughout the site to remind attendees to adhere to proper hygiene, physical distancing rules, appropriate use of face coverings in cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Establish a communication plan for employees, volunteers, and attendees with a consistent means to provide up to date on site information.
- Maintain a log of attendees and contact information.
- If any attendee test positive for COVID-19 after the event. The Downtown Soapbox Derby will make all effort into contact other individuals while maintaining confidentiality as required by the state and federal law and regulations.
- Downtown Soapbox Derby will implement mandatory health screening assessment for employees and or volunteers prior to the event via questionnaire, temperature check, and any other relevant information. Prior to the event, employees, volunteer must notify of COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days. Positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days, or close contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
- Any volunteer, or attendee experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to participate or stay in the event area.